What is a pig's scariest movie?
Hamityville Horror


Tuesday, December 17, 2013

The Fire Is So Delightful!

Hello Hambo friends!

Deborah here and today I would like to share with you a card I made trying to combine many pattern papers together. Well, 4 to be exact. Have you ever combined many patterns together and achieve the perfect design mix? While this is not my forte, I wanted to give it a shot and make it somewhat clean to not take away from the image.  I have a hard time mixing many patterns, as I feel it looks too busy. :)  I am sure I need to think outside the box, but this one box I am having a difficult time with.



The image is Fireplace Stockings which I colored in with Copics and added some Fun Flock to the stocking in both red and white.  That always reminds me of the old fashioned basic stocking we had as kids and used glue and glitter to write our names on it.  Here is a closer look at the flock - and no, not geese! LOL! I crack myself up sometimes... 


The image was layered over my nestie label and more patterned paper added to that.  The patterned paper used is by Lilly Bee Design.  The image was then popped up.  I completed the card using some iridescent cording along with a light green button.   

Grab your patterned papers and mix them up! See what works for you and achieve a fun design mix for your creation.  Thanks for stopping by today!
~Deborah

3 comments:

Jane Elizabeth France said...

Deeeeeeeevine coloring deborah. Lurrrrve the flock. :)

Jeannie said...

Awesome card and those stockings are absolutely fabulous!!

Peace & Luv,
Jeannie

Anonymous said...

So so cute! That flock is awesome - they do look old fashioned velvet stockings. Nice inspiration!

lyn