What is a pig's scariest movie?
Hamityville Horror


Thursday, October 3, 2013

Autumn Vellum

This is my first post as a Hambo Bacon Bit.  I am so excited to work with these talented crafters and these great images!!

The current Hambo Hoedown Challenge is to use vellum on your project. Here is my card:
To get the pearly leaf outline (doesn't show up as pretty on the pic as IRL), I sprinkled embossing powder on the vellum as soon as it came out of the printer.  After heating the embossing powder and letting it cool, I dusted it with Perfect Pearls Pigment Powder (pearl).  I reheated it from the bottom (wrong side of the vellum). Once cool I removed the excess powder with a used drier sheet.  

The leaves were colored with Copic Markers on the wrong side of the vellum.

This is one of my favorite techniques to used with digital images!

If you have played along with the Hambo Hoedown Challenge, you might want to check out the changes HERE.

I sure hope you can play along with the Bacon Bits!

--Juliana
Details: 
  • Image: Sweet Gum Leaf by Hambo;
  • Papers: Vellum (from Staples: it went through the printer like a pro!), Lt. Yellow, White & Kraft cardstock; patterned paper from Pebbles Inc.
  • Accessories: Spellbinders dies; foam tape, Copic Markers; clear embossing powder, Perfect Pearls in pearl; corner rounder punch

3 comments:

Hambo Hoedown said...

We are so happy to have you in the Pig Pen, Jules! Beautiful coloring technique~!

Judy

Jeannie said...

Great job with the blog post and what a beautiful card! I have never done this technique, but I will have to try it some time!

Peace & Luv,
Jeannie

Sherry Hickey said...

Congrats on your first post as a Bacon Bit! Your card is so beautiful and I really appreciate your tips on using vellum because that's new to me! Thanks!